Monday, May 25, 2015

Hogsmeade

Truth - I love Harry Potter! I have read all the books, as they were being released. I think the 5th book was released on my wedding day and I took it to Greece with me. 
Kelsey is a HUGE Harry fan also and the Kennedy family are professional park hoppers!! They have taken Kelsey many, many times.
Nancy and Kelsey had a 5 day girls trip planned and I was lucky enough to be invited as well! Emily will (probably) NEVER ready the books, she can't even watch The Little Mermaid - too scary. I felt this was my BIG chance to go to Hogwarts!
Less than 12 hours after landing from D.C. I left for a 48 hour trip to Orlando.
It did not disappoint! The original Harry Potter Park is in Islands of Adventure. It is Hogsmede, where Harry goes to school. It is LEGIT! Just like you would expect. There are 3 rides there. A SUPER scary roller coaster, I didn't ride, Kelsey did. A small roller coaster, we all rode, and a Quidditch ride inside the castle. This ride was amazing, and not for the faint of heart. It was as if you were on a broom following Harry, and there were may scary things along the way. 

I was most excited to have a butter-beer! It is quite rich and very  yummy!

Inside the castle are many things/rooms just like in the books. Here are the photos where the people in them move from picture to picture!

 15 years I have waited for this butter-beer



stay tuned for the Diagon Alley post!

No comments: