Friday, January 11, 2013

A Long Time Coming...

To fully understand this story you must go back to the 9 months that I was pregnant with Emily. My "friends" spent a lot of time teasing me that my girl would play basketball (ick) or be a dancer (gasp).
This has been a long standing joke for over 6 years. We tried a little dance at the Y last fall, had a recital, and (thank heavens) that was the end of it.
Fast forward to December 2012.....I took Emily to see The Nutcracker put on by a local dance school. Two of Emily's gal pals had 3 parts each in the production (which was an excellent show) and I knew I was in trouble.
One of Emily's friends, and her Mother, have been talking to her about dance and Emily got up the nerve to ask me if she could join.
I told Emily I would email the studio to see if she could join. I have NEVER seen my girl so happy and it was only a "maybe" that she would get in.
Well, she got in and Emily is ecstatic, to say the least. As my friend Calley said, "she had a spring in her step, and a twinkle in her eye" on the first day of class.
The spring show is Cinderella and Emily will have 2 parts because she is in 2 classes, ballet and lyrical.

The moral of this post is...when I look back a videos of my girl, she is always dancing...no matter what the outfit, or the music, or the setting, dancing is what she is doing.

There is no score kept, no winning or losing, no goals scored, and even though dancing is not my thing, it is her thing...no doubt about it.
I have never seen her so happy.




..I never said she was good, just happy

1 comment:

LeBlanc Family said...

The most important thing is that they are happy, not us. I've been living that mantra for years!!