Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Everything That Is Old Is New Again

In 1971 my Dad made me this dollhouse for Christmas. I got many years of use out of it, so much in fact that he built me a second one. My parents saved one house and all the furniture from both houses so now this one is overflowing with furniture. I had forgotten the detail that went into this hobby....right down to the sheet music for the piano. My Mom has been trying to get me to bring this to New Hampshire for almost 4 years and she (and Emily) finally wore me down this weekend. I hope Emily gets as much use out of it as I did....or it is going right back to Grammy's house!

Organizing the house

The easel actually works. My Dad made it along with quite a bit of the furniture


Half full

2 comments:

LeBlanc Family said...

Karen, it's amazing. I hope that Emily loves it as much as you did!

Кристина said...

Wonderful house! The dream of any girl!